FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RIVERS CASINO HOSTS PITTSBURGH POKER OPEN
Featuring $200,000 in Guaranteed Prize Pools and the Return of “Poker Night in America”
PITTSBURGH — March 6, 2017 — The Pittsburgh Poker Open (PPO) is back this month at Rivers Casino with $200,000 guaranteed in prize pools and multiple tournaments running March 1—13. Local players will have a chance to play against some of the top talent from the national poker circuit, as well as see recognizable poker professionals who will be competing on the popular television series “Poker Night in America.”
The $60,000 Guaranteed Pittsburgh Hammer kicked off the series Wednesday, March 1, and is one of several events leading up to the $100,000-Guaranteed Main Event that will be held March 10—13. “Poker Night” will be on display during the Main Event, recording high-stakes cash games in the Poker Room.
Pittsburghers looking to compete against the top poker pros in the Pittsburgh Poker Open can join daily tournaments starting at noon and 7 p.m. in the Poker Room. For more information on the Pittsburgh Poker Open and the Pittsburgh Hammer, visit www.riverscasino.com.
“Poker Night in America” Returns to Rivers
Broadcast nationally on the CBS Sports Network, “Poker Night in America” returns to Rivers Casino March 11—12. The show has recorded episodes at casinos across the country, and this is the show’s fifth stop in Pittsburgh. “Poker Night” spotlights the game and its players — often introducing audiences to surprising insights about some of their beloved poker personalities.
Poker celebrities expected to attend include:
- Gavin Smith, one of the games’ most colorful players, has a World Series of Poker (WSOP) gold bracelet and a World Poker Tour title to his credit.
- Shaun Deeb is a two-time WSOP gold bracelet holder and a four-time winner of the World Championship of Online Poker.
- Jack Schanbacher is a hometown hero who has cashed in 13 WSOP events and who finished in 16th place in the 2016 PPO Main Event.
- Matt Glantz has earned more than $6 million in career winnings and six major tournament titles. Glantz is also a poker advisor to Rush Street Gaming, Rivers Casino’s parent company.
- Alec Torelli is a high-stakes cash game specialist, who has also found tournament success, including earning a runner-up finish in a WSOP gold bracelet event.
“It’s shaping up to be another exciting installment of the Pittsburgh Poker Open,” said Craig Clark, general manager of Rivers Casino. “With ‘Poker Night’ back in the ‘Burgh, it’s an electrifying energy in the Poker Room.”
In addition to the PPO and “Poker Night in America,” Rivers Casino hosts a variety of poker tournaments and promotions each month. For a complete list of poker offerings, including the PPO schedule, visit www.riverscasino.com. To learn more about “Poker Night in America,” go to www.pokernight.com.
ABOUT RIVERS CASINO
Opened in 2009, Rivers Casino has been voted a “Best Place to Work” in the Pittsburgh Business Times, a “Top Workplace” in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, “Best Overall Gaming Resort” in Pennsylvania by Casino Player magazine and “Best Overall Casino” in Pennsylvania by Strictly Slots magazine. The casino features more than 2,900 slots, 92 table games, a 30-table poker room, nine distinctive restaurants and bars, a riverside amphitheater, a multi-purpose event space, live music performances, free parking and multiple promotions and giveaways daily. Already, more than $631 million in jackpots have been awarded to players at Rivers Casino. For more information, visit RiversCasino.com.
For Rivers Casino
267-932-8760 x 303