GAME BASICS: Face Up Pai Gow Poker is a variation of Pai Gow Poker with an additional bonus wager. Players may bet any amount within table limits, however, a fortune bet of at least $5 qualifies them for envy bonus payouts. Players win the envy bonus when someone else at the table receives a four of a kind or higher. In Face Up Pai Gow Poker, the dealer’s cards are dealt Face Up prior to player’s setting their hand and winning wagers are not charged commission! However, if the dealer has an Ace high Pai Gow, all Pai Gow wagers are an automatic push.
HOW TO PLAY: Face Up Pai Gow Poker Is played with a traditional deck of 52 cards plus one Joker which can be used as an ace, or to complete a straight or flush. Players make a standard Pai Gow wager, with an optional bonus wager to begin a round of play. Players wagering $5 or more on the bonus will receive an “envy” button which qualifies them for an additional envy payout on qualifying hands. Each player is dealt seven cards and must arrange the cards Into two hands: a two-card hand and a five-card hand. The five-card hand must always be of higher rank than the two-card hand..
PAI GOW WAGER:
- Players compete against the house hand.
- Both hands win: player is paid even money
- One hand wins and one hand loses: player pushes (tie)
- Both hands lose: player loses.
- Players with a bonus wager who receive a qualifying hand will win odds on the bonus wager according to the posted pay table.
- Bonus wagers lose if the player does not receive a qualifying hand during the round of play.
- When at least one player has a four of a kind or higher, all players with an envy button win according to the posted paytable.
- In the event more than one player has a qualifying hand, all players with the envy button win multiple payouts.
- A player cannot win an envy bonus for his/her own hand or the dealer’s hand.
- A player will still be eligible for the Envy Bonus in the event they folded their hand.
ACE HIGH BONUS:
Along with the optional Fortune Bonus wager and progressive wager, there will be an Ace High Bonus wager. If the dealer has an Ace-High Pai Gow hand, then the player will receive an odds payout from the below paytable.
- Dealer and Player Ace-High..................40 to 1
- Dealer Ace-High w/ Joker .......................15 to 1
- Dealer Ace-High No Joker........................5 to 1