Rivers Casino Philadelphia Reopening
Reopening Health & Safety Policies
RIVERS CASINO PHILADELPHIA WILL REOPEN ON FRIDAY, JULY 17.
We look forward to welcoming guests back to Rivers Casino Philadelphia! On Friday, July 17, Rivers Casino Philadelphia will reopen to the public at 9am. As we reopen, you will notice many health and safety changes we have made based on guidance from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the City of Philadelphia's Department of Health, including physical distancing and enhanced cleaning.
We encourage guests who have COVID-19 symptoms such as a cough, shortness of breath or breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat or loss of taste or smell to please stay home.
Masks will be required at all times when on property by both guests and Team Members. Due to the city's recent mandate, there will be no indoor dining or beverage service, alcohol or otherwise. There will also be no smoking or use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, anywhere inside the casino. Designated smoking areas will be available outside the casino.
Due to Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board's mandate, Poker rooms are not authorized to operate due to players handling cards and chips. Poker room operations will be re-examined based upon changing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Pennsylvania's Department of Health.
Our property also features the AtmosAir air purification system, which through bi-polar ionization (BPI), is proven to be over 99.9% effective in neutralizing coronavirus on surfaces. Additionally, we have recently upgraded our HVAC system to include airPHX®, a patented technology that continuously disinfects indoor air and eliminates coronavirus on surfaces.
We are excited to welcome our guests and Team Members back and, while things have changed, we are dedicated to offering you an unparalleled gaming and entertainment experience.
Temporary Hours of Operations
Rivers Casino will close from 5am to 9am Monday through Thursday to allow for deep cleaning. The casino's temporary hours of operation will be:
Open: Friday 9AM - Close: Monday 5AM
Monday 9AM - Tuesday 5AM
Tuesday 9AM - Wednesday 5AM
Wednesday 9AM - Thursday 5AM
Thursday 9AM - Friday: 5AM
Guest Arrival Process
- Entry is limited to certain marked doors at the main entrance closest to the parking garage.
- Valet parking will not be available to guests.
- The parking garage is only available to guests with a VIP parking pass.
- The parking lots in front of the casino entrance are available to the general public, as well as specially designated areas for handicapped parking.
- The entry screening process involves some questions and a temperature check upon entry. All guests will have their temperature checked using contactless thermal cameras or infrared thermometers. If a guest registers a temperature at or above 100.4˚F, the guest will not be allowed entry into the property.
- Guests will be required to wear masks at all times while on the property. If a guest does not have a mask with them, one will be provided. Guests who refuse to wear a mask will be denied entry.
- Guests will be discouraged from wearing a hat in the casino. A guest who wears a hat will be required to remove their hat at the entrance so they can be identified by surveillance.
- Guests will be advised to practice appropriate social distancing as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control through signage and reminders.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the casino—no exceptions, no pulling down. Surveillance and Security—along with all Rivers Casino Philadelphia personnel—will be monitoring continuously and enforcing full compliance.
- There will be no indoor dining or beverage service, alcohol or otherwise. Bottled water will be available for guests on Jack's Bar + Grill patio, located at the south end of the property along the Delaware River.
- There will be no smoking or use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, anywhere inside the casino. Designated smoking areas will be available outside the casino under the valet entrance.
- Slot machines, table games and other physical layouts have been arranged to promote distancing.
- Per PGCB, the poker room will be closed until further notice.
- More than 100 hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes dispensers have been placed throughout the gaming floor.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing throughout the premises, with emphasis on frequent contact surfaces, including, but not limited to, door handles, bathrooms, ATMs, TRMs, kiosks, cage counters, gaming machines and gaming tables.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed in transaction areas such as ATMs, kiosks, cage counters and points of purchase.
- We installed the AtmosAir air purification system, which through bi-polar ionization (BPI), is proven to be over 99.9% effective in neutralizing coronavirus on surfaces. Additionally, we have recently upgraded our HVAC system to include airPHX®, a patented technology that continuously disinfects indoor air and eliminates coronavirus on surfaces.
Team Member Safety
- Personal thermometers have been administered to all Team Members to monitor their continued safety and well-being. Team Members with a temperature at or above 100.4˚F will not be permitted entry.
- All Team Members will wear masks in all public guest interaction areas and public office areas.
- All Team Members have been instructed to wash their hands (or use hand sanitizer if a sink isn't available) every 60 minutes, as well as before and after their shift, heading to or returning from break, and after doing anything that could lead to the spread of COVID-19, including eating, drinking or smoking.
- Our Team Members have been provided training in our new safety, sanitation and social distancing protocols.